Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rewind-The Rest of 2014

A new year is here and while I have a lot I could say about the rest of 2014, I'm ready for a fresh start on my blog. I'm setting some blogging goals for myself so I can share more often and share a greater variety of things. Most of my posts in the last year have just been about my family and events in our life, which is great, but there are other things I'd like to share about too.

So, here's a final look back at the fall and holiday season of 2014.

Levi started kindergarten. He loves it and is learning so much. One of his favorite things is that he gets to ride the bus. He and his bus friends are always hatching plans for playdates and parties. I'm so glad he is meeting friends he will be in school with for a long time.

 
 
My mom and I sold at our second barn sale at Little Prairie Girl in Holland, IA. It is always fun to create things that you like and find someone who likes them too. I also held a holiday sale in my home in November and enjoyed completing various custom orders. If you haven't already, be sure to like our business page on Facebook. I'm looking to add more to our Etsy shop and always welcome custom orders.
 
 
Right after that I hopped on a plane and headed to Charleston, SC where I met up with my BFF Joanna. She flew down from Pennsylvania. What a treat to have a WHOLE week together. We have been friends since high school and spent a majority of our friendship away from each other. We stay connected with phone calls that are often interrupted by our little ones and cut short by preschool pickups or errands to be run. Charleston offered us plenty of cool things to see, yummy things to eat (and drink), and time to just lay around and talk.


 
 
Fall fun in Lake Carroll with friends.


 
The kids and I spent Halloween in Iowa. Levi was Batman and Lillian was Elsa. I made Levi's costume (complete with muscles--a fun project!) and my mom made most of Lillian's costume. I made her wig using this tutorial.
 

 
 
 
It took Lillian a little while to adjust to Levi being gone every morning. They play so nice together and are so loving towards each other (most of the time). I'm so glad they have a built-in playmate at home.
 

 
Thanksgiving was also celebrated in Iowa. We went to a UNI wrestling meet with family.
 
 
Once again, we cut our Christmas tree at Oney's with John's parents. It's a fun Christmas tradition and it was a beautiful tree.
 

 
 
The kids visited Santa in Cedar Falls after Thanksgiving and Mrs. Claus when we got our Christmas tree.
 

 
We baked sugar cookies. Lillian ate more dough than she actually made into cookies, but it was fun. John also built a log cabin out of pretzel rods and the kids helped decorate it.
 
 
 
Christmas morning fun...Santa brought Levi a shovel (He plans to dig holes and a pond) and Lillian got Elsa, Anna, and Olaf. Like lots of little girls her age, she had a Frozen themed Christmas.
 
 
On New Year's Eve we went bowling with our neighbors then we hung out at one of their houses to ring in the New Year. My little party animals made it all night!
 

 
I hope you had a great holiday season and I look forward to seeing you here more regularly.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment