Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A New Year:First Things First

Each year in January, many of us make resolutions to better ourselves and our lives. We're going to stop doing all the things that are bad for us and start doing all the things that are good for us. I like the idea of a fresh start as much as anyone. The promise of a new year always holds so much possibility. I've always had mixed emotions on resolutions. We all know that most of them are doomed to fail. Not because they are impossible, but because change is HARD. Whether it's change that we want and have chosen, or change that we would rather have skipped over.

Still, at this time of year, I find myself dreaming of what I want out of my life, how I want to spend my days, ways in which I want to grow. I keep being reminded though, that the best place for me to focus on is my relationship with God. I know from the past that when I make reading my Bible and prayer time a priority it sets the right tone for the whole day. I feel more calm and am reminded that I don't go through life on my own. I can't do it all on my own and I'm not expected to. There is grace and there is time for me to grow with God into the woman He has planned me to be.


So before I get too busy making to do lists and endless goals, I'm going to spend time doing what matters most. I know that it will have the greatest impact on my days and my family.

1 comment:

  1. Blessed by your thoughts on your blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete