Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Possibilities of a Handbuilt Home

Yesterday I brought home a new book from the library and it's gotten me thinking of a whole new kind of projects for my house. Ana White's The Handbuilt Home has plans for thirty-four fun and functional builds for the home.


I first saw one of her plans made up over at Homespun Living. And once I saw the Farmhouse Bed, I fell in love.
Farmhouse Bed Plans

Now I've been introduced to the matching bedside tables.

Farmhouse Bedside Table Plans
But Ana's projects are not limited to bedroom furniture. One stop at Ana-White.com and you'll find hundreds of FREE furniture plans for every room of the home. Plus there's a huge collection of show-and-tells from others who have built the pieces. Thankfully I have a handy husband, but I'm hoping to learn some new skills when we undertake a few of these projects this year.

Until then, I'm going to keep dreaming of all the possibilities. Maybe a new buffet?

Planked Wood Sideboard Plans

Dresser with Open Bottom Shelf Plans

Or the perfect sewing and craft table?

Modular Cubby Plans
Craft Table Top Plans

I could go on, but take a little time and check them out for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. I have 2 of those 9-cube bookshelves from Target... and I am SO GOING TO MAKE THAT SEWING TABLE when I have some room in the basement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one talented lady! That sewing table is so great!

    ReplyDelete