Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Mantel

Last week I showed some of my fall decorating. This week I wanted to share how I decorated my mantel for fall.


Recently I had been looking for a larger something for my mantel. I liked the idea of propping up an antique cupboard door or window. I even thought about creating my own piece of artwork. One day, I stopped in to Tattered Tiques and found the perfect old cupboard door. It is white on one side and has a dark stain on the other side. This means it has lots of possibilities throughout the year. So, the door became the backdrop and focal point of my fall mantel.


I made a quick pennant banner using fabric and twine. I cut the edges with pinking sheers and stitched the triangles in place on the twine. This way they won't slide when they are hung at an angle.


A fall mantel wouldn't be complete without a pumpkin.


I'm so happy to add the antique cupboard door to my mantel. I'm already thinking of all the possibilities for Christmas and winter decorating.

Once again, I'm linking up to The Inspired Room's Fall Nesting Series. This week's theme is "Decorating Fall Mantels and Porches". Stop by check out what others have done.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the use of an old cupboard door. And I love how the banner brings a little fun to it! Happy to be visiting from the Fall Nesting link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Inspired Room. I love how you've used the old door on your fall mantel. It makes the perfect backdrop.
    Happy to be a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete