Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Writing on the Wall

Two years ago, I bought this quote to put up in the entry of our new house. I had to wait for the area to be painted and now have finally gotten it put up.


You can find these vinyl quotes and designs just about everywhere nowadays. You can purchase from companies specializing in them like Uppercase Living or Wall Words, or you find them at many of your local craft, home, or discount stores. I found this one at Hobby Lobby. It's by the company "Once Upon a Wall". Since this is the only one I've ever worked with, I don't know if it's any better or worse than others, but it worked for me.

To apply it, I did some measuring and marking with painter's tape. I marked the center first and then created a frame to help me with the placement of it.


Then, I followed the manufacturer's directions, applying the lettering with a little plastic card that came in the kit.

An "in progress shot"-The sun made it around by the time I started applying it.
 Once I had gone over the whole quote, I slowly and carefully pulled off the backing paper and pressed it all a little more with my hand. If I decide to take it down, I simply heat it with a blow dryer and peel it off.



This was an easy way to send a message to those entering our house without having to pound a nail. I just may have to add a few more around the house.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I like where you put it. I've been looking at this quote for the dining room... http://www.pattisprimitives.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=522

    ReplyDelete