Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter: What It's All About

It's easy for the real significance of Easter to be lost amid the colored eggs, the jelly beans, and the chocolate bunnies, but we can't forget that this holiday is about a death and resurrection that gave us all the chance at eternal life.

It was God's sacrifice of His only Son that allowed my sins and yours to be forgiven. Not because I deserve it or because I've done something right--simply because God loves me. Even though I continue to stumble through life and I constantly fall short of the person I can be through Christ, He repeatedly offers me forgiveness and grace.

God's gift of Jesus is there for the taking. All we have to do is accept it.

Here's one of my favorite songs--a great reminder of the many promises we have through Christ.



"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
--Jesus
(Matthew 28:20)

3 comments:

  1. Well, said. That's one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Bethany! And In Christ Alone is one of my very favorite songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you, Bethany! Did you guys have fun? xo

    ReplyDelete