Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine Wreath

It's hard to believe February is here already, especially since it's been in the 40s all week. With February come thoughts of Valentine's Day. John and I have never done too much to celebrate, but I love to focus on LOVE. What a great thing...focusing on filling the house with love.

I don't go crazy with Valentine-themed decorations, but I do like to add touches of red and pink, along with some hearts and candy. So far, I've only gotten my wreath hung on my door. I made it last year and it's one of the first non-sewing crafty things I had done in a long time. It was really easy to do and turned out so cute!


I saw the idea for the wreath here. I chose to do mine in pinks, creams, and browns. You can make this wreath for any season or holiday using different shaped wreath bases and different fabrics. There are so many possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the subtle colors. Did it take long? If I were to buy fabric for this, how much do you think I'd need? Is the ribbon hiding a wreath hanger? (If so, good idea!) I'm going to pin this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take that long, but I split it up over a few days. I cut my squares one day and assembled it the next day. I bought four different fabrics, each 1/4 yd., so 1 yd. total if you were using one fabric. The wreath is actually hanging by the ribbon. I use a removable hook-the kind from 3M.

    ReplyDelete