Monday, February 6, 2012

Pizza Love

Since love is filling the air this month, I have to talk about pizza. My family and I love pizza, but who doesn't? When I moved to the Chicago area ten years ago (whoa...can't believe it's been that long), I was introduced to Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza. It was love at first bite. I was lucky enough to work just five minutes from one of their restaurants so on inservice days when we had longer lunch breaks, we often headed there for some pizza and salad. By the way, the Lou's salad is amazing! If they stopped making pizza, I'd still go there for the salad.

But times have changed, and now I'm much further away from Lou's. John and I both miss it so when I saw a recipe for Chicago-style deep dish pizza in Midwest Living, I knew I had to give it a try. The recipe was featured in their latest issue along with their other "All-Time Best Recipes".


It was definitely a winner at our house. (To be honest, Levi didn't eat it, but he's been on a no pizza kick for the last month. What's up with that?) John said it was better than Lou Malnati's, but I think he's a little biased. And he's sweet like that, too. We may just have this pizza once a week. I know I wouldn't mind and I don't think John would either.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss Lou Malnati's! I might have to try this for Valentine's Day, but I will have to get over my fear of yeast first :)

    ReplyDelete