Friday, January 6, 2012

This is January?

The average high temperature in January is 26 degrees.

The high for this day last year was 29 degrees.

Today's high was 52 degrees.

And I'm not complaining one bit. It felt like a spring day, when the chill is wearing off and the sun actually feels warm. It was too good to stay in all day. Even though both the kids are getting over colds, we spent some time outside this afternoon.



We broke out the stroller and cozy coupe for a trip to the park.


We climbed. We chased. We pretended to go on a train ride to the North Pole. (Thank you Polar Express.)


We even spent some time by the fire pit with our neighbors.


All too soon, the sun started to slip lower in the sky and the air cooled, reminding us that it is still winter. But I'll take a 50 degree winter day when I can get. I'll file this day away for when it's 0 degrees out and we have a foot of snow on the ground.

1 comment:

  1. It sure has been nice. I didn't even mind door and recess duty the last couple days. I'm hoping for a school year with NO Snow days - done by Memorial Day!! Hope this weather holds out for my trip over.

    ReplyDelete