Monday, January 16, 2012

Tack, Sweden!

That's "Thank you, Sweden!" for those of you not fluent in Swedish.

This weekend I made my annual trek to IKEA, along with the kids and my mom.




Once upon a time, I lived a mere five minutes from this home megastore, which allowed me to make more frequent trips. So now, whenever I get the chance to go, I always look forward to it. If you've ever been there, you know that IKEA is almost always filled with people. You also know, that it's full of inspiration. That's my favorite part. You can gather so many great ideas from their room setups and displays. And, I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the Swedes have come up with a solution for just about every storage dilemna there is. On top of that, it's all stylish and reasonably priced.

On this trip, I fell in love with this kitchen and dining room. If anyone is looking for a late Christmas present/early birthday present for me, I'll take one of these.


But my purpose for this trip was not to pick out a new kitchen. I was on a mission to solve my organizational issues. This led me to focus my shopping in the kids section and the home organization section.

I came home with one of these. I have the same one in Levi's closet and it works well for toy storage.
Expedit Shelf
 And I had to choose from the many boxes and baskets that are available to fill the shelf.


Levi enjoyed some of the toys and play equipment while I shopped.


The kids section is so bright and happy. I love it! Cute things with lots of functionality.









Of course, what trip to IKEA would be complete without some Swedish meatballs and lingonberry preserves?


Levi preferred the chicken tenders, with some Swedish flare.


I'm excited to put all my purchases to use as I get things organized. If all goes as planned, I'll have some progress to show you later this week.

 If you don't live near an IKEA store, you can visit IKEA online.

2 comments:

  1. I need some bins and one of those springy laundry baskets. I'm waiting for my mom to come visit, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annual? You only go ONCE a year? How is that even possible - I go like six times a year - how do you get by on once a year?!

    ReplyDelete