Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year

The New Leaf
He came to my desk with a quivering lip;
The lesson was done;
"Dear Teacher, I want a new leaf," he said,
"I have spoiled this one."
I took the old leaf, torn and blotted,
And gave him a new one, all unspotted,
And into his sad eyes smiled:
"Do better now, my child!"

I came to the Throne with a trembling heart;
The year's work was done;
"Dear Father, I want a new year," I said,
"I have spoiled this one."
He took the old year, torn and blotted,
And gave me a new one, all unspotted,
And into my sad heart smiled:
"Do better now, my child!"

-Helen Field Fischer

Each new year, like each new day, gives us an opportunity to start fresh. We can dream of things we want to do and things we want to change in the coming year. I've been thinking a lot about what I want out of 2012-what I want more of and what I want less of. I pray that this year you grow along the journey to reaching the goals you have set for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment