Sunday, December 18, 2011

Little Touches of Christmas

Earlier in the week, I took you on a house tour to show you my Christmas decorating. While I love seasonal and holiday decorating, there are definitely rooms in my house that look pretty much the same year-round. I have to draw the line somewhere for the sake of my own time (and sanity).

For Christmas, however, I do add some small touches to bedrooms and bathrooms. It's surprising how just a few things can bring the holidays to those rooms.

I mentioned before that I don't have a lot of display space in my kitchen, but I try to utilize my wide window sill to display small seasonal decorations. This year I added this simple bottle-brush tree and vintage-style figurine. They make me happy when I'm washing dishes. If only there was a blanket of snow outside the window behind them, it'd be perfect.


In the bathrooms, I usually add a tree and seasonally-scented candle, along with some small decor on the vanities.




In our bedroom all I do is swap out an everyday picture we have hanging, with this one which has a holiday theme to it. It still goes with the rest of our room decor and doesn't scream Christmas too loud.


Levi decorated this small white tree for his room. I've used this tree on the counter in a bathroom in the past, but especially since we didn't have a big tree, I wanted Levi to have a tree in his room. The ornaments look like decorated cookies and there's also some miniature wooden ones my mom sent to him.


Also in his room, I put this rocking Santa and reindeer. A fun touch for a kid's room.


So, even if you don't have a lot of Christmas decorations, just a few small things placed throughout your home, can bring Christmas to your whole house.

No comments:

Post a Comment