Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grayslake Antique Market

While my mom was visiting this weekend, we decided at the last minute to make the drive to the Lake County Fairgrounds to the Grayslake Antique Market on Sunday. I had heard from a few of the vendors I met at Kane County Flea Market in September that it was a great show. Boy, were they right!

One of the nice things about this show is that it's all inside one big building. The other thing that's nice is that you don't have the "flea market" crowd. It's really an antique market with quality dealers and collectors. Since John was out of town, the kids had to come along. Lillian charmed the pants off everyone who saw her...smiling all the time. Levi was a little "hard to handle". It took some work to keep him entertained and his whining to a minimum. Food usually works well for him so I can tell you he was well-fed that day.

There was tons of vintage Christmas decor and kitchenware, which I love. I bought a cute ceramic turkey that I'll add to my fall decorations. It was hard to make a decision on some of the Christmas things because I never remember exactly what I have until I get it all out. Still, I ended up with some reproduction Christmas cards that I'll frame and a holly cloth napkin.

I came upon Jeanine's Chippy-Shabby booth. It was great--a nice mix of vintage and repurposed items. I could gain lots of creative ideas from her displays.




Of course, I couldn't leave without stopping by to see Joe & Sandy of Rhubarb Reign. They have such fun things and are so nice!


I picked up a few "smalls", as Sandy calls them and my mom was kind enough to buy us a great little rocker for our house.


It will look great by the Christmas tree, but I'll have to find a place for it year-round because Levi loved it immediately.

I'm so happy we made the little trip to check out the Grayslake Antique Market. I'm already making plans to go next month with a friend (and without the kids). The show is held the second weekend of every month.

Grayslake Antique Market
1060 E. Peterson Rd.
Grayslake, IL  60030

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bethany -- I am definitely not with the program today -- I answered your nice note on our blog instead of yours! So here goes again. It was great to see all of you -- so nice of you to make the trip. And Levi looked so cute in his rocker. Hope he enjoys it for a long time. Know what you mean about kids and packages, although we actually have more trouble with our cats -- they love to eat the bows! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. xo

    ReplyDelete