Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Decorating Update

Back in September, I shared what I had done so far for my fall decorating and promised to share more as I changed and updated things. I've been meaning to take pictures for a while and it just hasn't happened until now.

I added a few pumpkins to the bottom shelf of the table in my entry.

I added quite a bit to the corner cupboard in my living room. I also took away a lot of the pheasant feathers. After I did it I realized I had gone overboard. Before, I felt like it looked unfinished.

BEFORE
After gathering inspiration from magazines and shops, I realized that I needed to add more--more variety, textures, and more layers. I'm happier with it now.


AFTER
I also added some leaves to the background of this bookshelf in my living room. On top I put the owl I got here and a cloth pumpkin.


Other than that, things haven't really changed, though I'll be putting away the little bit of Halloween decor I had out and swapping it for more fall/Thanksgiving-related decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment