Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Each year before Halloween, we carve pumpkins. Once we had Levi, our tradition expanded to include John's parents. John's dad is a woodcarver so he brings all his fancy knives and chisels to help with the pumpkin carving.

Grandma Sue and Lillian

This year we carved three pumpkins. John carved a huge one in his usual scary style.


Papa carved one for Levi (while also playing fireman with him). Levi requested a scary and happy pumpkin. He wasn't interested in helping clean out the pumpkin-he said it was "gross", but that's why he's shirtless. 



I carved one for Lillian. I tried to make it look like a baby, but clearly my pumpkin-carving skills are limited. Oh well, she doesn't know the difference yet.


It's a fun tradition and they turned out cute/scary, as usual. We also roasted the seeds with a little oil and salt-yum!



1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! My parents were visiting tonight and we carved our pumpkins. The seeds are drying out tonight and I will roast them tomorrow. I might have to call you for some advice :)

    ReplyDelete