Thursday, September 8, 2011

Goat Cheese

I am a big fan of cheese. I've never met a cheese I didn't like, except blue cheese--you can keep that one. Cheese is great for a snack and almost any meal can be improved by adding a little cheese.

Sometime in the last year, I tried goat cheese for the first time. Since then, I've found different varieties and have found some recipes that use goat cheese that I really like.

When I buy goat cheese, I either get it in a tub in crumbled form or in a creamier log form. Usually you'll find it in the specialty cheese section if it's not by the "regular" cheese. One of my favorites is honey goat cheese. I pick this one up at Costco.


One of the most obvious ways to eat goat cheese is on a cracker or slice of bread as a snack or appetizer. My favorite way to eat goat cheese is on a salad. You can pair it with just about any lettuce and whatever veggies or fruits you have on hand. Most often I put the honey goat cheese with either romaine or a spring mix, cucumbers, strawberries, and mandarin oranges. On the occasion that I took the picture, I used blueberries instead of mandarin oranges. I like to top it off with the Garlic Vinaigrette from Aldi.



Another new recipe I came across for goat cheese is Roasted Garlic Onion Jam Pizza. I picked up the recipe card when I bought a jar of Roasted Garlic Onion Jam. Technically you could use any cheese, but since I had goat cheese on hand, I used that. It was pretty tasty. I think it'd make it a yummy appetizer for a party.


What about you? Any great recipes for goat cheese? I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bethany! It was so nice to meet you all at Kane; glad you enjoyed the show and hope you can come see us again soon. Thanks for the cute photos of your visit, too. Will get you up on our roll and Facebook on my next comuter work day. Happy Fall! xo

    ReplyDelete