Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall Decorating...So Far

A few days ago, I told you about the process I go through each time I change my seasonal decor. After my usual bout of decorating insecurity, I dove in and got to work. Mind you, I'm not finished. Much like the seasons, my seasonal decorating usually evolves as I come across new ideas and objects to add in, but I wanted to share what I have done so far.

Decor disclaimer:  Please excuse the stark white walls, bad wallpaper, and ugly faux brick back splash...they were left behind by the previous owners. Stay tuned as new paint will be unveiled sometime in the coming months.

This is in my entry. My mom bought this antique table at a friend's garage sale. It is bigger than the table I previously had there which allows me to make a bigger statement in the entry. I'm thinking of changing out the arrangement on the bottom for a nice ornamental gourd if I can find just the right one.


Here is the corner cupboard I have in my living room. It previously was in the kitchen at my old house, but the kitchen layout in our new house doesn't allow for it. I like the piece, but it causes me some decorating anxiety. I added some fall leaves and pheasant feathers to fill in the background, but it definitely still needs a little something.


Here is a bookshelf in my living room. It also needs some extra life added to it, but at least it's a start.


In my dining room, I have a simple display of candles and potpourri on my table and a little arrangement going on on the top of my buffet.




I've added a few touches of fall to my kitchen as well.




I'll be on the lookout for more inspiration around me, in magazines, and on blogs. I'll be visiting The Inspired Room's Fall Nesting Party to check out all the links there. If you have any ideas to share or suggestions, I'd love to hear them, too.

3 comments:

  1. Hello ~ I stopped over from The Inspired Room's Fall Nesting Party. Did you make your quilted table runner? If so, do you have the pattern or instructions? I have that very stack of fabrics and am inspired. Thank you.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping over Barbara! My mom made the table runner. It's the "Hourglass" pattern from Little Charmers II by Anka's Treasures.

    http://www.ankastreasures.com/category_8/2/Patterns.htm

    It's real easy...uses charm squares. I have Christmas ones and my mom is supposed to help me make it up. It will be my first quilting project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the information (you have a very nice mom !!).

    ReplyDelete