Friday, August 12, 2011

Two Reasons to Celebrate

Five years ago today, John and I set out on a marvelous adventure together--marriage. It was a long time coming. By the time we were married we had been together for almost eight years.
Back at the beginning...Fall 1998
(Dressed for a 70s party)

During those years, we did a lot of growing up and we grew as a couple. We definitely knew what we were getting into when we married each other, but that's not to say the last five years have been perfect. However, as the saying goes, we may not be perfect, but we're perfect for each other.
Chicago-2000

We pick up where the other one leaves off. We have the same dreams for our life together. We respect each other as individuals and give each other room to be ourselves. We share a commitment to our marriage and family. And we love to laugh together.
Hiking in Yosemite-2003
Oregon-2008

If I could do it all over again, I would still pick him.  
Photo by Heirloom Photographic Memories
Photo by Heirloom Photographic Memories

Happy Anniversary John!

 
*     *     *     *    *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Long before August 12th was my anniversary, it was my mom's birthday. When we were picking dates for the wedding, it came down to either being on John's mom's birthday or my mom's birthday. Neither one of them would have minded sharing their birthday, but it worked out better to have the wedding on the 12th. So, from then on my mom has had to share her birthday with our anniversary.

My mom is an awesome lady (and not just because she's my mom). Now that I'm an adult, she is not only my mom, but she's also my friend. It's wonderful having friends who know your past-the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I love my mom because she's supportive, a great encourager, loving, creative, generous, and brave. She is a strong woman of faith and to this day, nothing gives me more peace and comfort than when she prays over me. On top of that, she is an amazing grandma to my children.

Florida-2010

Happy Birthday Mom!
You deserve only the best today and always!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment