Monday, August 29, 2011

Look Polished...Quick!

A manicure, even one done at home, always is a nice finishing touch to your look. It can make even the most basic of outfits look more pulled together, and as a mom to two little ones, I need a little extra help sometimes.

I go in phases when it comes to polishing my fingernails. There will be times when I keep them polished regularly and then I'll stop polishing them for a few months. Since I had Lillian, I don't think I've painted my nails once...until today.

Between washing dishes daily and washing my hands a gazillion times a day, my polish doesn't usually hold up for long. I also don't have a ton of time to sit while my nails dry between coats. That's why I have come to love quick dry nail polish. It literally takes me just a few minutes and I can have freshly painted nails.

Here are my favorites...


This is Park Ave from the In a New York Color Minute collection by NYC. It's a nice gray with just a hint of purpley-plum to it. I've been wearing this a lot on my toes this summer, but it's a great nail color when you're wanting a darker shade. I wear it on my fingernails a lot in the cooler months.


This is Petal Pusher from the Insta-Dry collection by Sally Hansen. My friend told me about this line. Besides being a quick drying polish, the brush is also wider so it only take a few swipes to cover your whole nail. I am a sucker for a pale pink. It's so easy to wear--a step up from a clear coat, but any chips don't show easily.


If all else fails, I turn to a quick dry product, like this one, over my regular polishes.  Just a few minutes and I can be polished and back in action with the kids.

1 comment:

  1. I've got the Sally Hansen Insta-Dry version of that first color. I love it! It works great as a neutral but it a little more fun than your everyday pink. A quick-dry top coat is a must with kiddos.

    ReplyDelete