Saturday, August 13, 2011

Follow Me!

I've been blogging now for over a month and am loving it. It's fun to share about the things that go on in my life. It definitely makes you look at your life differently. Suddenly everyday things like cooking become something to blog about. I find myself constantly thinking "I should blog about this" and usually I do.

If you've been reading my blog and are already a follower-THANK YOU! However, I know that there are others who are sometimes, or maybe just one-time readers and I'd like to encourage you to "follow me."


So, you might be asking, what does it mean to "follow" a blog? Basically, it's kind of like being someone's friend on Facebook. It lets me know that you're reading my blog and that you like it. It can also be a way to get connected with my other readers who may have blogs that you'd also like to read or you can find out other blogs they're following.

Becoming a follower is very simple...just some clicking and typing in order to get your account set up through Google Friend Connect. Here's what you do:
  • From my blog, click on "Join this Site" on the right side of the blog. (It should appear towards the top. If  not, scroll down until you see it on the right.)
  • This takes you to the Google Account sign in. Unless you already have a Google account, under "Don't have a Google account" click on "Create an account now" (If you have a Google account, log in as usual and skip the account set-up steps below and go to the steps about following.)
  • Enter your email address (does not need to be a Google account) and create a password. Then fill in the other info they ask for. Read the terms and conditions and click "I accept. Create my account."
  • The next window asks you to confirm that you want to create an account through Google Friend Connect. Click "Confirm."
  • This will take you to your profile. You can add a picture or further customize your account by clicking on "Edit Google Profile".
  • Below that it will say 'Settings for Crafting My Happy Life'. It'll say that you're following publicly (meaning others will see you listed with my followers on the right side of the blog) and it gives you a few other options that you can do or not do. Most importantly, click "Follow".
  • Then you'll see a Congratulations box. It gives you a few options of things you can do or you can just click "Done."

That's it! It may seem like a lot of steps, but it's very quick and easy. If you're enjoying my blog, please consider becoming a follower and telling your friends about it too. It makes me feel good and it's an encouragement to me to keep on blogging.

Also, I love to see comments from my readers, so don't be afraid to leave a comment if you've got something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment