Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family Time on the Farm

This weekend we were in Iowa, in part, to celebrate my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that they are old enough to be celebrating fifty years of marriage and it makes me hope that in forty-five years, John and I can celebrate our fiftieth.

We headed to their farm for cake, ice cream, and time with family. It's always fun to visit their farm. As kids, my brother and I loved going there to see the animals, help with the chores, and enjoy my aunt's home-cooking.


My aunt's garden is always beautiful.

Now, Levi loves to go there too. At home he has a farm set that my aunt and uncle gave him. He loves playing with the tractors and has even named one of the farmers, Daryl and one of the ladies, Betty, after my aunt and uncle. He loves to sing "Daryl and Betty had a farm..." instead of Old MacDonald.


It was a low-key afternoon of yard games, good food, and time to catch up with family. What a fitting way to celebrate a legacy of faith, family, and farming.



The men gathered in the shade while the ladies stayed cool inside.

Lillian was dressed for the farm in her John Deere dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment