Wednesday, July 27, 2011

White River Junction

I'm always on the lookout for great new shops. I have my favorites near my hometown in Iowa, but since I've lived in the Chicago area, I've had a harder time finding shops that fit my style. It's not that my style is so unique, but these kind of shops just don't seem to be as common in this area. I love shops that are a mix of new, old, and repurposed things-modern country, if you will.


I was pleased to come across a great little shop that just fit my style while visiting McHenry, IL. The shop is called White River Junction and I knew it was my kind of shop as soon as I stepped through the door.


The shop was full of home decor and gifts with a unique twist to them. There is great painted antique furniture, florals, wall art, handmade jewelry, antiques, and flea market finds. 


Not to mention, their displays and arrangements give you ideas of how to put the items to use in your own home.


While there, I talked with the owners Mary and Karen. They were friendly and helpful and told me more about their business. Many of the items in the store are created by a talented group of local ladies. In addition to the merchandise in the shop, they offer personalized decorating services, as well as custom furniture painting. You can follow them on Facebook and hear about specials, shop happenings, and the latest arrivals.



White River Junction made me feel at home and inspired. I think I'd take at least one of everything in the shop if I could. I will defnitely be heading there on a regular basis and if you're in the area, you should too.

White River Junction
1242 N. Green St.
McHenry, IL  60050
815-344-4746

1 comment:

  1. The shop looks great! My kind of store. Sorry I live in Georgia and cannot shop there more often!

    ReplyDelete