Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm back!

I have been virtually disconnected from the cyberworld for a week and a half and it felt like an eternity. Being without the internet, I've had to use old forms of technology, like the telephone book and paper maps. I'm all for a bit of nostalgia, but I miss being connected. I've been itching to put up more posts and to check on the bloggers I follow.

It all started with a very strong thunderstorm that came through our area last Monday. It wiped out power and cable/internet service for a massive amount of people. We were lucky to only lose our electricity for twenty-four hours, unlike some in the area who were without for two, three, or more days. After three days without cable and internet, our cable came back, but we were still not able to connect to the internet.

After days of waiting and employing all my techy tricks (I do have a few), plus two hour-long, and not so helpful, conversations with Comcast I was dying to get my internet back. Finally after a little more work on my part and some tips from a friendly neighbor, I'm happy to report that I can at least connect through our modem, but I still have to sort out what's going on with our wireless router.

So, as long as I can keep my connection, I will be putting up my backlog of posts over the next week. I hope you'll tune in each day to see what I've been up to.

1 comment: